LuchaWorld Monthly May 2010
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
With news constantly going on in pro wrestling, I thought it would be a good idea to do a monthly recap for those who visit and might have missed some news or results. Each month will feature a magazine-type cover thanks to kcidis!
The basic format will be KrisZ’s News & Notes, which will be a rundown of some of the news stories from that month. Followed by my opinion on some of the bigger stories. Then there will be results section. Judging from the email I get, people miss some of them, so it might be helpful. Followed by either Point-Counterpoint or some other wacky ‘what if’ feature.
KRISZ’S NEWS & NOTES!
Mascarita Dorada made a return to CMLL early in April after having had a falling out earlier in the year. At the time, Mascarita hoped that there could be an agreement reached between himself and CMLL when it comes to his CMLL appearances and his continuing outside bookings along with non-wrestling commitments….
New Japan and CMLL’s working agreement continues to increase in 2010 with significant talent exchanges. New Japan has had Mascara Dorada, Valiente and Negro Casas on recent tours and La Sombra will be part of the Super Junior this year. Hiroshi Tanahashi made his return to CMLL as well….
Samurai! TV reached an agreement to air all 4 big events from CMLL this year (Dos Leyendas, Infierno En El Ring, The Anniversary Show, and Sin Piedad). Oddly enough, CMLL still as of the writing of this has yet to show the full card of Dos Leyendas in Mexico. They have aired 2 matches on LATV…
Alebrije, Cujie, Histeria, & Psicosis met with an arbitrator about their legal situation with AAA early in April…
La Wagnermania’s split was in full force in April as Silver King turned on his brother as did Ultimo Gladiador. Meanwhile, Dr. Wagner Jr. formed an alliance with Pimpinela Escarlata and Octagon (WHAT?!?!)…
While the break-up of La Wagnermania going on, Silver King had himself a drink and made a surprise return to IWRG. He vowed there would be a AAA invasion in Arena Naucalpan. Obviously, this is an attempt to get more of the AAA Mexican wrestlers bookings throughout Mexico since AAA’s direction has involved use of more foreign talent.
Christopher Daniels reached an agreement with AAA to work a few show dates for them. Primarily, the big Triplemania XVIII show…
CMLL received cease & desist letters from the NWA concerning the use of the NWA World titles. They since stopping using the “NWA” for those belts and only refer to them as World titles…
EX-AAA WRESTLERS INVADE CMLL! ATTACK CMLL WRESTLERS! QUE MONITO TOO!
CMLL known for being traditional and sticking to an old-school way of booking that usually results in the promotion having a more wait-and-see approach in a business that experiences up and down cycles every few years, decided to spice things up in 2010.
Depending on who you ask and sometimes when you ask them, the seeds for this angle were planted at various points prior to the day leading to the initial invasion in Puebla. To me, this angle was first thought of going back to when CMLL and Perro Aguayo Jr. (w/ Los Perros Del Mal) split and were initially going to do a worked inter-promotional feud. When talks broke off between Perro Jr. and CMLL, both sides had to do their own thing, but the idea was still in the minds of CMLL’s power-brokers.
At the same time, its no secret the economy has been awful. Independent wrestlers in Mexico don’t get the same number of bookings as they might have in the past and even if you are an independent wrestler, you really have to be on CMLL’s good side if you want to work more shows that feature CMLL talent. Several wrestlers both in and out of CMLL have felt the side effects of the wrath of Paco Alonso’s black list which is highlighted by El Hijo Del Santo, Konnan, and AAA at the moment. While that black list might not be too big it has caused issues for wrestlers who have attempted to remain independent and work with CMLL (example: Mascarita Dorada).
Add to this the more Americanized direction from AAA and in a weird round-about way, AAA may have opened the doors to acceptance of wrestlers they made famous with CMLL. AAA has focused more on a smaller group of wrestlers on their TV show and bigger events. Several ex-AAA wrestlers mentioned part of the reason they left AAA was due to getting fewer bookings through AAA and with that less money. There’s also the issue that AAA has given more TV time to foreign talent and in some ways has gone all out in praising those wrestlers and really bringing up how much “the Mexicans in AAA couldn’t work” as an excuse to let them go or alienate them.
So with those three things in mind, we get the makings of an invasion angle for CMLL. There was actually a show (Promociones Gutierrez 4/5) one week before the first invasion that several people were curious about since it had wrestlers from CMLL, IWRG and independents on it in Nuevo Laredo and no one really made much about it, which shows that kayfabe is still somewhat existent in Mexico. It might change at some point, but for the moment this angle was pretty surprising when it happened. For years, people pointed out how AAA guys could never get work in CMLL because they were thought of as being ‘below average workers’ and that there was still some resentment from Paco Alonso towards AAA. However, that was not entirely true. The door was usually open to CMLL guys who went to AAA and later left to rejoin CMLL. Hector Garza, Shocker, Felino, Heavy Metal, Super Porky and Mr. Niebla just off the top are names who’ve done that. The door was wide open for Hijo del Perro Aguayo, who for years was one of the few bright spots in AAA main events (try watching AAA main events from 1999 – 2001!), since he was a second-generation star and son of one of the biggest stars in the history of lucha libre. The door was even open to wrestlers who fit the type of wrestlers that CMLL is looking for and in the past 3-4 years they’ve been on a high-flying fix, which allowed Rey Cometa and Pegasso (although Pegasso did spend some time in CMLL prior to joining AAA) to join CMLL.
On April 12th at the conclusion of the third match in Arena Puebla a mysterious black truck made its way to the entrance and out came Los ex-Vipers (Psicosis, Histeria and Maniaco) along with El Alebrije and his mini sidekick Cujie. They attacked all tecnicos and even assaulted poor Que Monito. Other CMLL tecnicos made their way to the ring and the invaders immediately ran to their truck and sped away. The angle became the big story for many lucha fans. Perhaps no group of wrestlers like those in the first and later second invasion (with Monsther & Chuky) represented AAA’s recent past (1998 thru 2007) and what CMLL die-hard fans dislike about AAA. None of those wrestlers fits the criteria of the wrestlers that had been given a first or second (or third) chance when it came to joining CMLL. This group (now known as Los Super Libres) is using that as part of the storyline that they are out to prove that they are just as good and deserving of recognition from CMLL.
Initial reaction to this angle was a bit mixed and I’m sure its changed since the recent additions of Los Dinamitas, Mr. Aguila, Hector Garza and possibly Super Crazy, but I liked this angle from the beginning. CMLL needed something different on their shows. They currently have about 9-10 hours of weekly TV to fill out. Now if only they could make these shows a little more entertaining without the constant dancing and commercial breaks, we’d have something good going on, but that’s something I’ll probably dwell on some other time.:)
The angle actually allows for more wrestlers to join in for the simple reason that there are so many CMLL shows and they built the outsider group with the mid-carders and it gives them room to add at least a few more headline guys should they decide to go that direction. This storyline is going to continue to be fun to follow and should include more surprises.
TORNEO GRAN ALTERNATIVA 2010
The annual Torneo Gran Alternativa is one of the most anticipated events for many lucha libre fans. Most years it is the tournament that creates a new young start for CMLL. The tournament’s concept is that CMLL teams a veteran with a younger wrestler and the winning youngster is soon elevated in the promotion. Names such as Shocker, Hector Garza, Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero, Mistico and La Sombra have used this as their first step into finally reaching main event status. There have been some who didn’t match the success of those previously named and in 2009, CMLL used the tournament in September to continue the Mexico vs. Japan feud and had Okumura (who is a long-time veteran) win the tournament.
The final was held on the kids day show in Mexico (4/30) and it saw Hector Garza (veteran) and Polvora (youngster) victorious over Volador Jr. (veteran) and Delta (younster). It shouldn’t be a surprise that Polvora won given the fact that CMLL’s higher-ups have a thing for bodybuilding/physiques and Polvora is always mentioned in those tournaments. Delta has been very inconsistent, but he had an incredible run in the group he and Volador Jr. were in that it was somewhat surprising not to see him come out as the big winner. Delta was even given a big pinfall victory over Ultimo Guerrero in the Group B finals. The other obvious reason for the Garza and Polvora team to win besides his physique had to do with Garza needing to be pushed to keep him strong for the eventual rudo turn.
AAA TRIPLEMANIA XVIII PREVIEW
With a few weeks until Triplemania XVIII its time to take a quick look at the possible matches that are so far listed for this show. Card is probably subject to change given the constant changes in lucha libre of late. Last year’s show was really good. This one has way more foreign talent and you would think it was TNA without the crappy angles….Well, sorta…I think those of you familiar with both TNA and AAA know what I mean.
The word is the ladders are not going to be really big. I’m assuming they’ll be slightly smaller than the regular-sized ladders, but I wouldn’t be shocked if when they said ‘smaller’ they meant the regular-sized ladders and not those ridiculously high ladders used in WWE. Opening a show with a TLC match? How times have changed. I don’t expect this match to be very good. I don’t know why they’d throw in all these gimmicks when the minis can have a good match without that stuff. This new regime has finally found a way to include the clusterfuck within the minis matches.
2. Losers become the winners maid for a month: Fabi y Mari Apache/Cinthia Moreno vs. Jennifer Blake/Rain/Sexy Star
This should actually be an okay match, but I expect a lot of interference. I’d assume Koslov, Konnan or someone else will have some involvement in this match. I say it will be ‘okay’ because the tecnica side features good workers and Sexy Star does a great job of getting heat in her matches. I’m trying to remain positive because while it looks okay on paper, the interference will probably turn this into a rather bad match and just fodder for the maid stipulation.
3. 4 Way Dance for the AAA Cruiserweight Title: Extreme Tiger © vs. Jack Evans vs. Christopher Daniels vs. NOSAWA
AAA always tries to make it seem like EVERY Cruiserweight match they’ve had on a big even will be a memorable match and they usually end up being never-ending “you hit your spot, I’ll hit mine” string of moves. I don’t expect much from this match. I like Evans and Daniels, but these multi-person cruiserweight matches have all looked the same to me.
4. Losing team’s second gets shaved: Heavy Metal/Octagon/Pimpinela Escarlata (El Piero) vs. Chessman/Hernandez/Alex Koslov (Hijo del Tirantes)
Its so funny to hear Konnan put down ex-AAA wrestlers when he, Octagon and Heavy Metal are still wrestling. What’s that saying? Pot-kettle? I expect Pimpinela to work most of the match for the tecnicos, but this match will probably be awful. This is what I like to call the “let Rob Bihari watch it” type of match! If Rob can sit through this match, then that’s when I’ll know it was watchable.
5. 3 Way Dance for the AAA World Tag Titles: Taiji Ishimori & Takeshi Morishima © vs. Winner of 5/19 vs. Beer Money (Robert Roode & James Storm)
Interesting there was a 6-way, 4-way and now 3-way match. I’ve seen Beer Money and they’re good, but TNA, maaaaan….DUDE!
Seriously, do these people watch TNA? I don’t think this match is going to be particularly good because well, how often are those 3-way matches any good?
6. Abyss & Cibernetico vs. Vampiro & Zorro
I have ZERO interest in watching this match. Of course it leads to the next match…
7. Por el Nombre: La Parka (AAA) vs. L.A. Par-K
I think this match will be one of those wild brawls and because I think it will get a ton of heat it will be surprisingly good. I definitely want to watch this.
8. AAA Mega Heavyweight Title: Electroshock © vs. Dr. Wagner Jr.
I’m guessing Dr. Wagner Jr. gets the belt back. The only way I can see Electroshock winning is if AAA’s plan is to keep that feud going longer because other than Dr. Wagner Jr. and maybe Chessman or El Zorro, no one else can get a good match out of Electroshock.
MISTICO AND HECTOR GARZA: RUDOS OR TECNICOS?
Well…I guess we got our answer with Hector Garza at least.:) He’s finally joined the rudos after about a month of putting down Super Porky for being fat. Garza’s one of the few wrestlers who can work either as a rudo or tecnico and still be very popular.
Mistico on the other hand has been going back and forth with the only reason given for him being a rudo is that he’ll work rudo against Volador Jr. Prior to the invasion angle, I thought they were better off with Mistico going full-blown rudo because he’d get a fresh new group of rivals like Volador Jr., La Sombra and Mascara Dorada. Perhaps the invasion angle and the wrestlers that will join that group was the reason for not going full-turn for Mistico since he’d have to be on the side that defends CMLL. I’m disappointed because I really thought a Mistico, Averno and Mephisto trio would be awesome.
Every so often, we’ll come up with a what if face-off between two people in lucha libre giving out opposing views! This month’s Point-Counterpoint guests are La Parka and L.A. Park!
First of all, I’d like to thank Luchaworld for giving me the time to discuss my current situation and why I AM the true and only La Parka. On November 1996, I was handed the name of La Parka by the man who created the gimmick, Lic. Antonio Peña. When L.A. Park left AAA, I took the name and brought it to new heights in Mexico. Winning numerous awards, titles and mask matches. I’m a 4-time Rey De Reyes champion! I think I’ve not only proven that I am I a quality wrestler, but I’ve shown that I am indeed the one and only La Parka and this other guy is an imposter, who turned his back on the organization and the man who gave him his first big break!
HA! HA! HA! Funniest thing I’ve ever heard! You are such a joke. First of all, the only reason you won any awards is because people confused you for me, the real, original and authentic La Parka! You never beat Pierroth and were never and international star like me, but somehow you and the AAA officials decided to steal my career highlights away from me and use them to your benefit! The only reason you have any type of success is because of what I did as La Parka in AAA. While you were leeching off my name and reputation, I was becoming a big star worldwide. I was a part of the successful WCW and when that ended I continued to be a top, in-demand independent wrestler! You, you are a broken down, never-was….
Ja Ja Ja!!!!! WCW? Its pretty obvious you like being aligned with failures, just like you are now part of this soon-to-be failure of the Foreign Legion with Konnan and Dorian Roldan! Big star? My ass…I saw what you were doing in WCW and it wasn’t very impressive. You were an embarrassment, not just to lucha libre but to all Mexicans! Am I even debating with L.A. Park or is this Ed Ferrara or Vince Russo? That was ridiculous.
Look Son! Maybe if you traveled outside of Mexico you’d realize sometimes you have to swallow your pride to earn a good payday for your family. I got paid really well. I made enough to take care of my family, buy a nice house and I even have a pool! Do you have a pool? I bet you don’t, loser! Stick to doing your stupid dancing shtick for the kiddies. Ask anyone who knows anything about pro wrestling about L.A. Park and they’ll tell you I’m one of the best wrestlers in the world! They call you La Parkaris for a reason. You suck!
You probably have one of those inflatable kiddie pools. You’re so fat, you probably don’t even fit in there. I bet you look like one of those whales when they get stranded on the beach. You’re so fat, I thought you were Super Porky! Maybe you should ask him for dieting advice, fatso… I’ve traveled outside of Mexico too, you know! I’ve been to the U.S., Japan and other parts of the world. I don’t have to brag about my accomplishments or any material things like you do.
I’m done with this! Come Triplemania XVIII, I’m gonna show you who I really am. I’m going to take extreme pleasure in wiping the floor with you. You’ll see why I’m known as “The chairman” and come Triplemania, the fans will finally get to see the real La Parka back in AAA! Triplemania XVIII will be remembered as the night L.A. Park ended the career of La Parkaris! I’ll be dancing all night over your grave!
On June 6th at Triplemania, ladies and gentleman, if you are in Mexico be sure to order the PPV or follow the results online because that may very well be the last time you hear of L.A. Park. Not only will I beat him…badly, but I may very well force him into retirement. I’m gonna own him so bad that day, I might just have a celebration pool party at his house! RSVP! BYOB!!!
APRIL 2010 RESULTS
Independent 4/1 – Auditorio Teopanzolco de Cuernavaca
1. Dragon de Fuego & Icaro beat Pequeno Leopardo & Raksas
2. Amuraby & Sioux defeated Electro & Flama
3. Escandalo & Euforico beat Drako & Kid Tiger
4. Fuego (subbing for Maximo) & Mascara Dorada defeated Sangre Azteca & virus
5. Felino & Mistico beat Maximo (subbing for La Sombra) & Volador Jr. when Mistico ripped off Volador’s mask and pinned him.
EMLL 4/2 – Arena Mexico
1. Horus & Metalico beat Disturbio & Durango Kid
2. Bracito de Oro/Electrico/Mascarita Dorada (this was the real one) defeated Nitrito/Pequeno Warrior/Pierrothito – Bracito & Warrior are heading for a mask match.
3. Lightning Match: Fuego beat Polvora
4. La Triada del Terror (Averno/Ephesto/Mephisto) defeated Blue Panther/Rush/Sagrado when Mephisto pinned BP after Averno threw a beer in his face.
5. Hector Garza/Hijo del Fantasma/La Mascara beat Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano/Taichi Ishikari
6. Brazo de Plata/La Sombra/Volador Jr. defeated Felino/Mistico/Negro Casas after the Casas brothers walked out and turned on Mistico celebrating his loss rather than helping him out of La Mistica that Volador had on him. Mistico was pissed off after the match and got on the mic saying that he likes being booed but he is still a tecnico no matter what anyone else thinks and this whole rudo bit with Volador is over but Volador didn’t agree. Volador grabbed the mic from Mistico and told him that he will never be accepted as a tecnico again and this feud is far from over because Mistico is and forever will be a traitor.
Perros del Mal 4/3 – Plaza de Toros de la Feria de Ciudad Valles
1. Estrellita & Mascarita Dorada beat Medusa & Mini Mr. Aguila
2. Oriental & Super Nova defeated Celestial & Histeria
3. Super Libre: Charly Manson beat X-Fly
4. Los Perros del Mal (Perro Aguayo Jr./Damian 666/Halloween) defeated Groon XXX/Hijo del L.A. Par-K/Hijo del Lizmark when Perrito ripped off Par-K’s mask and pinned him.
EMLL 4/4 – Arena Coliseo (67th Anniversary Show)
1. Los Hombres del Camoflaje (Artillero & Super Comando) beat Astro Boy & Sensei
2. Dalis la Caribena/Lady Apache/Marcela defeated Amapola/Princesa Blanca/La Seductora
3. Angel de Oro/Angel de Plata/Fabian el Gitano beat Dr. X/Euforia/Polvora by DQ when Polvora ripped off Fabian’s mask leading to mask challenges from everyone.
4. Mascara Dorada/Metro/Toscano defeated Misterioso II/Shigeo Okumura/Virus
5. Blue Panther/Brazo de Plata/Shocker beat Negro Casas/Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero
6. Mistico defeated Atlantis after he ripped off his mask and pinned him. Atlantis wants a Super Libre match but Mistico wants a mask match.
EMLL 4/4 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Johnny Dinamo beat Meteoro
2. Relevos Increibles: Samurai & Mr. Trueno defeated Leon Blanco & Virgo
3. Occidental Welterweight Title: Metal Blanco beat Angel del Mal to win the title.
4. Stuka Jr. & Valiente defeated Cancerbero & Raziel with Cancerbero being stretchered out.
5. Hector Garza/La Mascara/La Sombra beat Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano/Vangelis by DQ when Sombra threw his mask at Texano.
IWRG 4/4 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Comando Negro beat Heros
2. Maldito Jr. & Samoth defeated Los Gemelos Fantasticos I y II with hair/mask match challenges abound.
3. AK-47/Avisman/Hijo del Diablo beat Chico Che/Eragon/Gaviota (subbing for Goleador)
4. Hijo del Cien Caras/Hijo del Pirata Morgan/Mazada defeated Dr. Cerebro/Jack (subbing for Pantera)/Scorpio Jr. with help from Veneno. Veneno & Scorp then threw out hair match challenges afterwards. Cerebro & Mazada also did the same.
5. Fuerza Guerrera/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr./Pirata Morgan beat El Angel/Canek/Olimpico when MA2K Jr. fouled Canek behind the ref’s back.
EMLL 4/5 – Arena Puebla
1. Espiritu Maligno & Sauron beat Blue Center & Tigre Rojo
2. Fabian el Gitano/Metalico/Starman defeated El Bronco/Los Hombres del Camoflaje (Artillero & Super Comando)
3. Dalis la Caribena/Lady Apache/Lluvia beat Amapola/Princesa Blanca/Mima Shimoda
4. Sagrado/Toscano/Valiente defeated Misterioso II/Sangre Azteca/Vangelis
5. Averno/Dragon Rojo/Mephisto beat La Mascara/Mascara Dorada/La Sombra when Dragon went over Dorada. Dragon still wants a shot at Dorada’s CMLL Super Lightweight Title but Dorada wants a mask match.
Promociones Gutierrez 4/5 – Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo
3. Los Vipers (Histeria/Maniaco/Psicosis) beat Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911)
4. Alebrije/Charly Manson/Oriental defeated Monsther/X-Fly/Zumbido – Tirantes attacked El Pinocho (the other referee) after they had a disagreement on who won the 2nd fall and Freddy Gutierrez who is the promoter would then kick Tirantes out of the building.
5. Hijo del Fantasma & Maximo beat Tetsuya Naito & Shigeo Okumura
6. Atlantis (subbing for Mr. Niebla)/Felino/Negro Casas defeated Hector Garza/Shocker/Volador Jr.
AAA 4/6 – Gimnasio San Damian de San Martin Texmelucan (TV taping)
1. Billy Boy/El Brazo/Decnis beat Atomic Boy/Gato Eveready/Laredo Kid with help from Guapito’s bodyguard Hilario. La Legion would come out after the match and destroyed the tecnicos which pissed off Los Metrosexuales but left when Dorian Roldan told them to leave. Dorian & Konnan then thanked each other for being great and Dorian said that now the true vision of Antonio Pena has returned to AAA and there is nothing that his family can do about it. Dorian then promised a earth shattering surprise at the Orizaba TV taping on 4/17 that will shock everyone. Dorian then started to bury Heavy Metal when Joaquin Roldan led down the AAA Army who would have a verbal confrontation with La Legion ending up with Ciber having everyone in the crowd do the wave.
2. Alex Koslov & Rain defeated Aero Star & Fabi Apache with help from Hijo del Tirantes.
3. Jack Evans/Extreme Tiger/Rocky Romero beat Cuervo/Escoria/Ozz when Hijo del Tirantes accidentally gave the Escoria a fast count thinking he was Evans.
4. Cibernetico/Heavy Metal/El Mesias defeated La Hermandad 187 (Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario)/Konnan with Hermandad not wanting to team with Konnan but he has paid them so they have to.
5. Chessman/Kenzo Suzuki/Zorro beat Electroshock/Dr. Wagner Jr./Silver King when Kenzo pinned Doc after Electro turned on him. Electro kept beating on Doc before SK came back in only to help Electro destroy his brother. Pimpinela Escarlata came down trying to help Doc but he got destroyed also leaving them buried in chairs and broken tables.
EMLL 4/6 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Meteoro & Virgo beat Johnny Dinamo & Thunder Boy
2. Cerveruz & Infierno defeated Astaroth & Metatron
3. Evola beat Exterminador and there were hair match challenges thrown around afterwards.
4. Diamante & El Gallo defeated Euforia & Polvora
5. La Avalancha Alvarado (Brazo de Plata/La Mascara/Maximo) beat Asesino Negro/Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano
EMLL 4/6 – Arena Mexico
1. El Cholo & Mortiz beat Camaleon & Robin with Camaleon being the latest to be stretchered out after taking Mortiz’s Spanish Fly to the floor.
2. Electrico/Pequeno Olimpico/Ultimo Dragoncito defeated Nitrito/Pequeno Warrior/Pierrothito
3. Delta/Fuego/Rush beat Los Cancerberos del Infierno (Cancerbero/Raziel/Virus)
4. Mexican National Trios Titles: MSM Fly (Mascara Dorada/Metro/Stuka Jr.) defeated El Poder Mexica (Dragon Rojo/Misterioso II/Sangre Azteca) to retain their titles.
5. Mistico/Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero beat Sagrado/La Sombra/Toscano
Independent 4/8 – Arena Neza
1. Aguilita Misteriosa & Mini Flash beat Los Mini Hooligans I y II
2. Carta Brava Jr./Halcon Tarin/Halcon Tarin Jr. defeated Bizarro/El Canalla/Ice Killer
3. Los Brazos (Cibernetico/Platino/Super) beat Demonio Negro/Escandalo/Loco Max
4. Dark Angel/Lluvia/Marcela defeated Amapola/Princesa Blanca/Princesa Sugei
5. La Sombra & Volador Jr. beat Felino & Mistico when Felino ripped off Mistico’s mask allowing Volador to pin him after some communication issues between Felino & Mistico.
IWRG 4/8 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Dinamic Black beat Epidemia
2. Comando Negro & Hijo del Signo defeated Daga & Heros
3. Avisman/Hijo del Diablo/Trauma II beat Los Gemelos Fantasticos I y II/Zatura
4. El Angel/Chico Che/La Roca defeated Barba Roja/Dr. Cerebro/Mazada (subbing for Black Terry) when Doc & Mazada accidentally hit each other.
5. Americas Lt. Heavyweight Title: Trauma I beat Hijo del Pirata Morgan to retain his title.
Independent 4/9 – Auditorio Municipal de Tijuana
1. Alquimista Tres Mil beat Loco Man
2. Poseidon & Tigertron defeated Cardenal Jr. & Rambo Star
3. Angel Metalico/Horus/Spyder Black beat Mr. Maldito/Pancho Cachondo/Tony Casanova
4. Jack Evans & Extreme Tiger defeated La Hermandad 187 (Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario)
5. Silver King & Zorro beat Cibernetico & La Parka Jr.
EMLL 4/9 – Arena Mexico
1. Inquisidor & Semental (subbing for Camorra) beat Astro Boy & Trueno
2. Euforia/Nosferatu/Polvora defeated Los Angeles Celestiales (Angel Azteca Jr./Angel de Oro/Angel de Plata)
3. Lightning Match: Valiente beat Sangre Azteca
4. La Triada del Terror (Averno/Ephesto/Mephisto) defeated Blue Panther/Stuka Jr./Toscano
5. Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano/Vangelis beat Hector Garza/Hijo del Fantasma/La Mascara with Garza having problems with his partners and walking out on them before the end of the match. The rudos challenged for a CMLL Trios Titles shot afterwards…gee you think.
6. Mascara Dorada/La Sombra/Mistico defeated Dragon Rojo/Felino/Negro Casas by DQ when Mistico threw his mask at Felino who was caught with it. Sombra had issues with Mistico of course but Dorada got along with him fine. Mistico challenged Felino to put his hair up but that went nowhere.
EMLL 4/11 – Arena Coliseo
1. Disturbio & Semental beat Bengala & Principe
2. Dr. X/Kid Tiger/Puma King defeated Fabian el Gitano/Molotov/Sensei and all of these guys made mask challenges.
3. Amapola/La Comandante/Princesa Sugei beat Lady Apache/Lluvia/Marcela
4. Blue Panther/Sagrado/Toscano defeated El Poder Mexica (Dragon Rojo/Misterioso II/Sangre Azteca)
5. Atlantis/Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero beat Brazo de Plata/Hector Garza/”Strongman” Jon Anderson when Garza “accidentally” hit Strongman then ran out the front door in fear.
EMLL 4/11 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Relampago beat Cerveruz
2. Astaroth & Hierro defeated Evola & Rafaga
3. Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno beat Magnum & Samurai ending up in a wild brawl with Rafaga, Diamante, Metal Blanco.
4. Diamante & Metal Blanco defeated Euforia & Shigeo Okumura with this ending in a brawl with everyone from the last match plust Virgo, Astaroth, & Hierro. I smell a cage match.
5. Mascara Dorada/La Sombra/Mistico beat Averno/Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano
IWRG 4/11 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Alan Extreme beat Dinamic Black
2. Daga & Eragon defeated Maldito Jr. & Samoth
3. Black Terry/Chico Che/Jack beat Eterno/Hijo del Fishman/Hijo del Signo
4. IWRG Intercontinental Lightweight Title: Dr. Cerebro defeated Mazada by referee stoppage after two powerbombs to retain his title.
5. Hijo del Cien Caras/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr./Pirata Morgan beat Alebrije/Canek/Scorpio Jr. when MA2K Jr. fouled and ripped off Canek’s mask before pinning him. Canek then challenged him for a mask match afterwards.
Promociones Cantu 4/11 – Arena Coliseo de Monterrey
1. 3 Way Dance: Darling Boy beat Pedro Navajas & Babe Fox
2. Angel Dorado Jr./Babe Rap/Sky defeated Androide/Lover Boy/Rey Sagitario
3. Cuervo/Escoria/Ozz beat Golden Boy/Rey Demonio/Simbolo Dos Mil
4. The Psycho Circus (Monster Clown/Murder Clown/Psycho Clown) defeated Hombre sin Miedo/Mascara Purpura/Pimpinela Escarlata
5. Jack Evans/Extreme Tiger/La Parka Jr. beat Chessman/Joe Lider/Sobredosis
Promociones Cantu 4/12 – Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo
3. The Psycho Circus (Monster Clown/Murder Clown/Psycho Clown) beat Babe Rap/Hombre sin Miedo/Sangre Chicana Jr.
4. Mascara contra Caballera: Pimpinela Escarlata defeated Black Mamba who unmasked as Federico Vera, 26-years-old, from Nuevo Laredo.
5. Jack Evans/Extreme Tiger/La Parka Jr. beat Chessman/Joe Lider/Sobredosis
EMLL 4/12 – Arena Puebla
1. Centauro de Fuego/Fuerza Chicana/Toro Bill beat Asturiano/Black Tiger/Crazy Black
2. Escandalo/Hooligan/Loco Max defeated Los Angeles Celestiales (Angel Azteca Jr./Angel de Oro/Angel de Plata)
3. Hijo del Fantasma/La Mascara/La Sombra beat Taichi Ishikari/Shigeo Okumura/Virus by DQ when Ishikari fouled Fantasma.
After this match, a mysterious black truck came towards the front door of the arena and out came Alebrije, Cuije, Histeria, Maniaco & Psicosis who attacked all the tecnicos including Que Monito until Super Porky, Mistico, & Strongman ran down to make the save. The invaders ran back out of the building getting in their truck and hightailed it out of there. This is being called an awesome angle and a flashback to when AAA wrestlers invaded Arena Mexico in 2000 to set up the Padrissmo show.
4. Brazo de Plata/Mistico/”Strongman” Jon Anderson defeated Averno/Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano
5. CMLL Super Lightweight Title: Mascara Dorada beat Dragon Rojo to retain his title and Rojo wanted a mask match in return.
EMLL 4/13 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Virgo beat Cerveruz
2. Acertijo & Rafaga defeated Astaroth & El Idolo
3. Parejas Increibles: Evola & Drago beat Leon Blanco & Exterminador
4. Diamante & Metal Blanco defeated Misterioso II & Shigeo Okumura by DQ
5. Brazo de Plata/Maximo/Toscano beat Asesino Negro/Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano
EMLL 4/13 – Arena Mexico
1. Los Hombres del Camoflaje (Artillero & Super Comando) beat Bengala & Principe when Comando fouled Bengala behind the ref’s back.
2. Fabian el Gitano/Leono/Starman defeated Durango Kid/Kid Tiger/Puma King
3. Bam Bam/Mini Fantasy/Pequeno Olimpico beat Pequeno Damian 6 (he lost the other 6’s due to a legal dispute with Damian 666)/Pequeno Violencia/Universito Dos Mil
4. Rush/Stuka Jr./Valiente defeated Euforia/Sangre Azteca/Vangelis by DQ when Vangelis fouled Rush.
5. Shocker/”Strongman” Jon Anderson/Volador Jr. beat Averno/Taichi Ishikari/Ultimo Guerrero
Independent 4/13 – Arena Aficion de Pachuca
2. Maldito Jr. & Ministro de la Muerte beat Brazo Metalico & Guerrero Maya Jr.
3. 3 Way Hair Match: La Chona defeated El Aspid who was shaved. Other participant: Sexy Alondra
4. Neutron & Ultimo Dragon beat Felino & Negro Navarro by DQ when Felino ripped off UD’s mask.
IWRG 4/15 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Keshin Black beat Dragon Fly
2. Comando Negro & Eterno defeated Guerrero Dos Mil & Heros
3. Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911) beat Alan Extreme/Dinamic Black/Micke Segura
4. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Block A – Semifinals: La Familia Dinamita (Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Hijo del Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr.) defeated Chico Che/Ultraman Jr./Zatura
5. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Block A – Semifinals: La Avalancha Alvarado (Brazo de Plata/Hijo del Brazo de Plata/Brazo Metalico) beat Bombero Infernal/Maldito Jr./Samoth
6. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Block A – Finals: La Familia Dinamita (Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Hijo del Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr.) defeated La Avalancha Alvarado (Brazo de Plata/Hijo del Brazo de Plata/Brazo Metalico)
Promociones Azteca 4/15 – Arena Xalapa
1. Jaguar & Linterna Verde beat Guerrero del Infierno & Lobo Solitario
2. Escandalo/Thunder Black/Vampiro Metalico defeated Demonio Negro/Skayde/Turbo
3. Steel Cage Match where the last man in the cage loses his hair: Virus left Super Brazo in the cage and he was shaved. Order of Elimination: Hijo del Texano/Taichi Ishikari/Rouge/Shigeo Okumura/Tony Rivera/Maximo/Virus – Fans threw money in the ring afterwards.
4. La Sombra & Volador Jr. beat Felino & Mistico when Felino ripped off Mistico’s mask allowing him to be pinned. There were mask/hair challenges thrown around afterwards.
EMLL 4/16 – Arena Mexico
1. Apocalipsis & El Bronco beat Los Rayos Tapatios I y II
2. Nitrito/Pequeno Warrior/Pierrothito defeated Bracito de Oro/Electrico/Shockercito with Warrior ripping off Oro’s mask and pinned him. They agreed to a mask match.
3. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Quarterfinals: Blue Panther & Rey Cometa beat Rey Bucanero & Semental
4. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Quarterfinals: Hector Garza & Polvora defeated La Mascara & Sensei
5. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Quarterfinals: La Sombra & Diamante beat Mephisto & Cancerbero
6. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Quarterfinals: Atlantis & Inquisidor defeated Damian el Terrible & Disturbio
7. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Semifinals: Hector Garza & Polvora beat Blue Panther & Rey Cometa
8. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Semifinals: La Sombra & Diamante defeated Atlantis & Inquisidor
9. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block A – Finals: Hector Garza & Polvora beat La Sombra & Diamante
10. Felino defeated Mistico
Promociones PC 4/17 – Parque Revolucion de Culican drawing 3,000 fans
1. Pacific Coast Welterweight Title: Orion beat Doberman to retain his title after Doberman injured his left leg in the 1st fall.
2. Decision Match for the vacant Pacific Coast Trios Titles: Mega Black/Monster Truck/Muralla Negra defeated Mr. Iguana/Psiclope/Relampago to win the titles.
3. Solar I beat Negro Navarro – Fans threw money in the ring afterwards.
4. Blue Demon Jr. & Cien Caras Jr. defeated Hijo del Santo & Rayo de Jalisco Jr. when Demon fouled Santo behind the ref’s back and they had their usual mask challenges afterwards.
AAA 4/17 – Plaza de Toros La Concordia de Orizaba (TV taping)
1. Cuervo/Escoria/Espiritu beat Crazy Boy/Gato Eveready/El Relampago
2. Fabi y Mari Apache defeated Jennifer Blake & Rain
La Parka Jr. showed up after this match and challenged L.A. Par-K to a match at Triplemania on 6/6 because he is tired of hearing Par-K’s crap saying that he betrayed AAA when he left the promotion over 13 years ago and went on to say the La Parka gimmick is owned by AAA just like Alebrije, Gronda, Histeria, Latin Lover, Psicosis, & many more. Now that’s funny.
3. Billy Boy/Decnis/Ozz beat Jack Evans/Extreme Tiger/El Generico
4. Dr. Wagner Jr. defeated Sabu in what was called an easy victory.
5. Electroshock/Silver King/Ultimo Gladiador beat Octagon/La Parka Jr./Pimpinela Escarlata beat by DQ. L.A. Par-K came out and attacked Parka before the match eventually giving him the Martinete. Octagon & Pimpi then went at it with the rudos 2-on-3 until Doc showed up to brawl with his former stablemates prompting the DQ. Doc then told Octagon & Pimpi that he should start a new Wagnermania with them.
6. Chessman/Hernandez/Zorro defeated Cibernetico/Heavy Metal/El Mesias when Mesias was pinned due to his shoulder injury. Vampiro came down with Joaquin Roldan and then turned on him joining La Legion (which he was originally booked as a Legion member on the card so no surprise there) and put Roldan through a table with the Michinoku Driver. Dorian Roldan was laughing at his father being unconscious on the mat until his mother Marisela Pena came into the ring and slapped him in the face as her husband left on a stretcher.
DTU 4/18 – Arena Coliseo de Coacalco
1. AAA Academy Match: Ciclope beat Pequeno Cobra
2. Elimination Match: Daga eliminated Eterno to win. Other participants: Aguila Misteriosa/Sexy Gary/Muerte Bucanera/Flecha Amarilla/Flamita/Wotan/Impulso
3. Fans Bring the Weapons Match: Juan el Ranchero defeated Mr. Chef & El Dollar
4. Blasfemia/Epitafio/Judas el Traidor beat Hormiga/Iron Love/Magnifico
5. 3 Way Dance: Low Rider defeated Lasser Boy & Black Fire
6. Psicosis III battled Paranoiko to a double countout after going through light tubes.
7. 4 Way Dance: Aero Boy beat Trauma II to win. Order of Elimination: Violento Jack & Trauma I and Aero challenged Jack to a match for his DTU title for later on.
8. 3 Way Ladder El Generico defeated Crazy Boy & Ultimo Gladiador.
9. Gran Apache battled Skayde to a double countout after Apache hit a dive on Skayde going into the crowd with El Piero making the count. The fans immediately started booing as they wanted a winner.
10. Ultraviolent Rules for the DTU Title: Aero Boy beat Violento Jack to win the title. This had everything you love or hate about hardcore matches.
EMLL 4/18 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Tondar beat Acertijo
2. Hierro & Magnum defeated Astaroth & Rey Trueno by DQ when the participants of the next match got involved.
3. Rafaga & Mr. Trueno beat Metal Blanco & Samurai by DQ when the participants of the previous match got involved and these 8 men are heading for a cage match.
4. Hijo del Fantasma & Valiente defeated Misterioso II & Sangre Azteca
5. Dragon Rojo/Ephesto/Rey Bucanero beat Blue Panther/La Mascara/Mascara Dorada with Rojo pinning Dorada and wanting another shot at his CMLL Super Lightweight Title.
EMLL 4/18 – Arena Mexico
1. Metalico & Trueno beat El Cholo & Zayco
2. Dr. X/Nitro/Raziel defeated Delta/Guerrero Maya Jr./Molotov with everyone wanting a mask match afterwards.
3. Fuego/Metro/Pegasso beat Arkangel de la Muerte/Euforia/Nosferatu
4. Brazo de Plata/Maximo/Sagrado defeated Taichi Ishikari/Shigeo Okumura/Villano IV (subbing for Ray Mendoza Jr.) by DQ when V-4 fouled Porky.
After this match, Monsther w/Chucky along with Los Vipers (Histeria/Maniaco/Psicosis) came running out and attacked the tecnicos in an incident similar to the Arena Puebla angle last Monday. Security would finally chase them out of the building where again they left in a black SUV.
5. Shocker/”Strongman” Jon Anderson/Toscano beat Atlantis/Hector Garza/Ultimo Guerrero
IWRG 4/18 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Alan Extreme beat Heros
2. Comando Negro & Eterno defeated Daga & Dinamic Black
3. Chico Che/Eragon/Jack beat Dr. Cerebro/Maldito Jr./Samoth
4. Fierro/911/Veneno defeated El Angel/La Roca/Micke Segura
5. Ultimate Jeopardy Match: Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr. (Mascara) beat Canek to win the IWRG Intercontinental Heavyweight Title. Other participants: Scorpio Jr. (Caballera) & Pirata Morgan (Caballera)
Promociones Juba 4/18 – Arena Juba de Reynosa
2. Los Petroleros defeated Chamaco Ortiz/Rey Patriota/Benny Ruiz
3. El Bronco/Las Imagenes de Oro I y II beat El Terror Regio (Corazon de Barrio/Estrella Dorada Jr./Hator)
4. Asterisco/Magnifico/Mascara Purpura defeated Kaoma Jr./El Secreto/Silver Star
5. Blue Demon Jr. & Pierko el Boriqua beat Dr. Wagner III & Hijo del Santo
Lucha Libre Mexicana 4/18 – Los Angeles
1- Jalen Wu defeated Jose Murrieta
2- Ponky Boy defeated Ultrastar
3- Darkside defeated Sexy Chino and Mike Violence
4- MAIN EVENT: Capitan Calico, Cyanide and Vintage Dragon defeated Johnny Starr, Ciclon Moreliano and Monje in 2/3 falls
FULL 4/18 – Arena Solidaridad
1. The All-Americans (Jan Carlos/Solovino/Wolly Wonker) beat Crucifijo/Face Man/Principe Azteca
2. La Bestia/Coco Viper/Sexy Girl defeated Chamaco Ortiz/Cop Machine/Gato Fantasma
3. Dark Shadow/Los Diluvios Negros I y II/Zodiaco beat Bengali/Mongol Chino/Potro Jr./Vaquero Romo
4. Los Difuntos I y II/Pierko el Boriqua defeated Humberto Garza Jr./Hijo del Ninja/Silver Star when Difunto II fouled Garza behind the ref’s back and pinned him. There were hair & Mask match challenges thrown afterwards and a cage match is in the works.
5. Mistico/Los Sicarios del Infierno (Averno y Mephisto) beat Astro Boy/La Sombra/Volador Jr. when after Mistico had Volador pinned, Los Sicarios stole the pin angering Mistico. Los Sicarios then worked over Astro Boy after the match so Mistico decided to help his brother and ran them off.
EMLL 4/19 – Arena Puebla
1. King Jaguar & Lestat beat Akron & Ares el Guerrero
2. Electrico/Mini Fantasy/Shockercito defeated Nitrito/Pierrothito/Universito Dos Mil
3. Los Cancerberos del Infierno (Cancerbero/Euforia/Polvora) beat Fuego/Metro/Stuka Jr.
4. Mascara Dorada/”Strongman” Jon Anderson/Volador Jr. defeated Felino/Taichi Ishikari/Ultimo Guerrero by DQ when UG fouled Strongman.
5. Brazo de Plata/La Mascara/La Sombra beat La Triada del Terror (Averno/Ephesto/Mephisto)
Promociones Gutierrez 4/19 – Cancha de Futbol Rapido de Nuevo Laredo
2. 4 Way Dance for the VIP Mixed Tag Titles: Oriental & Rossy Moreno beat Alebrije & Sexy Flor/Leo Lover & Estrellita/Juventud Guerrera & La Medusa to retain their titles.
3. Extreme Rules: X-Fly defeated Charly Manson in a wild match where he pinned him on top of a 1999 Chevrolet Caprice.
4. Dr. Wagner III/Hijo del Solitario/Sangre Fria beat Los Perros del Mal (Mr. Aguila/Damian 666/Halloween)
5. Blue Demon Jr. & L.A. Par-K defeated Perro Aguayo Jr. & Marco Corleone
EMLL 4/20 – Arena Mexico
1. Apocalipsis & Disturbio beat Bengala & Camaleon
2. Fabian el Gitano/Horus/Starman defeated Dr. X/Hooligan/Nitro by DQ when Doctor Equis ripped off Fabian’s mask and they are heading to a mask match but Nitro said that all of the Guerreros Tuareg want in on the match as well.
3. Bam Bam/Electrico/Pequeno Olimpico beat Nitrito/Pierrothito/Universito Dos Mil and Olimpico challenged Pierrothito to a shot at the Mexican National Lightweight Title afterwards.
4. Maximo/Rush/Sagrado defeated Taichi Ishikari/Nosferatu/Vangelis
5. Hector Garza/La Mascara/La Sombra beat Damian el Terrible/Ephesto/Mephisto even with Garza having problems with his partners as Mascara pinned Mephisto and challenged him for a shot at his NWA Welterweight Title afterwards.
EMLL 4/20 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Leo beat Virgo
2. El Divino & Magnum defeated Acertijo & Drago
3. El Gallo & Exterminador beat Evola & Neutron and Exterminador & Evola are heading to a hair match.
4. Misterioso II & Sangre Azteca defeated Palacio Negro & Valiente
5. Blue Panther (subbing for Brazo de Plata)/Hijo del Fantasma/Toscano beat Dragon Rojo/Felino/Hijo del Texano by DQ when Texano fouled Toscano. Los Vipers (Histeria/Maniaco/Psicosis) & Alebrije ran out after the match and attacked the tecnicos continuing their invasion of the EMLL buildings.
Perros del Mal 4/20 – Arena Queretaro
1. Dark Saint beat Galaxi
2. El Blanco & Fuego Latino defeated Lince & Rey Aztlan
3. Las Drabeks I y II beat Alex Guajardo & Ursus by DQ when Los Dragones de Oriente interfered.
4. 3 Way Dance: Leo defeated Medusa & Sexy Diva
5. Super Libre: X-Fly beat Charly Manson with a foule behind Tirantes’ back. This had all the weapons usage you would expect.
6. Los Perros del Mal (Perro Aguayo Jr./Damian 666/Halloween) defeated Hijo del L.A. Par-K/Hijo del Lizmark/Hijo del Santo when Damian ripped off Santo’s mask and pinned him behind Tirantes’ back.
Lucha Libre VIP 4/20 – Arena Coliseo de Monterrey
1. Chica de Arabia beat Memo Valle
2. Dark Unicorn defeated Lady Escorpion
3. Siniestro beat Delirio
4. Orquidea Negra defeated Slayer Boy
5. Ares beat Sick Boy
6. Furor/Galactar/Raiden defeated Androide/Slayer Boy/Virus with Virus wanting a rematch afterwards.
7. Super Parka & Volador Jr. beat L.A. Par-K & Panthro even after a foule from Par-K.
IWRG 4/22 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Dragon Fly beat Epidemia
2. Brazo Metalico/Daga/Heros defeated Alan Extreme/Comando Negro/Eterno
3. Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911) beat La Ola Maldita (Bombero Infernal/Maldito Jr./Samoth)
4. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Block B – Semifinals: Black Terry/Dr. Cerebro/Hijo del Signo defeated La Dinastia de la Muerte (Negro Navarro/Las Traumas I y II)
5. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Block B – Semifinals: Los Nuevos Gringos Locos (Avisman/Gringo Loco/Hijo del Diablo) beat Cerebro Negro/Kaos/Veneno
6. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Block B – Finals: Los Nuevos Gringos Locos (Avisman/Gringo Loco/Hijo del Diablo) defeated Black Terry/Dr. Cerebro/Hijo del Signo
EMLL 4/23 – Arena Mexico
1. Inquisidor & Mortiz beat Molotov & Trueno
2. Lightning Match: Bracito de Oro defeated Pequeno Warrior who left on a stretcher and Oro promised to leave Warrior maskless next week.
3. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Quarterfinals: Ultimo Guerrero & Puma King beat Toscano & Pegasso
4. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Quarterfinals: Hijo del Texano & Durango Kid defeated Shocker & Angel Azteca Jr.
5. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Quarterfinals: Volador Jr. & Delta beat Felino & Kid Tiger
6. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Quarterfinals: Averno & Raziel defeated Valiente & Guerrero Maya Jr.
7. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Semifinals: Ultimo Guerrero & Puma King beat Hijo del Texano & Durango Kid
8. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Semifinals: Volador Jr. & Delta defeated Averno & Raziel
9. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Block B – Finals: Volador Jr. & Delta beat Ultimo Guerrero & Puma King with Delta pinning Ultimo to win in a shocker.
10. Blue Panther/Mistico/”Strongman” Jon Anderson defeated Atlantis/Dragon Rojo/Rey Bucanero with Mistico wearing a Team Mexico World Cup futbol jersey to show everyone he is a tecnico.
UWE 4/24 – Arena Lopez Mateos
1. Rocker beat Hormiga Atomica
2. Hombre sin Rostro/Kilvan/Tormento defeated Angel de la Noche/Juan el Ranchero/Rey Kristal
3. La Avalancha Alvarado (El Brazo Jr./Brazo Metalico/Brazo de Plata) beat Cerebro Maligno/Herejia/Judas el Traidor
4. AULL Trios Titles: The Killer Family (Rey Krimen/Sepulturero/Terry Dos Mil) defeated Chucho el Roto/Iron Love/Mr. Potro to retain their titles.
5. Blue Panther/Olimpico/Ultimo Dragon beat Black Terry/Negro Navarro/Villano IV (subbing for Ray Mendoza Jr.)
EMLL 4/25 – Arena Coliseo
1. Los Hombres del Camoflaje (Artillero & Super Comando) beat Los Rayos Tapatios I y II
2. Amapola/Princesa Sugei/La Seductora defeated Dalis la Caribena/Estrella Magica/Lady Apache
3. Arkangel de la Muerte/Escandalo/Loco Max beat Angel de Oro/Angel de Plata/Astro Boy
4. Hector Garza/Shocker/Toscano defeated Taichi Ishikari/Shigeo Okumura/Rey Bucanero with Garza & Shocker not getting along.
5. Relevos Increibles: “Strongman” Jon Anderson/Volador Jr./Atlantis beat Mistico/Damian el Terrible/Hijo del Texano by DQ when Mistico ripped off Volador’s mask. Mistico then challenged Volador to a shot at the Mexican Lt. Heavyweight Title next Sunday and Volador accepted.
IWRG 4/25 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Heros beat Keshin Black
2. Alan Extreme & Eterno defeated Dinamic Black & Eragon
3. Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911) beat Chico Che/Daga/Jack
4. Maldito Jr. & Samtoh defeated Black Terry & Dr. Cerebro
5. Hijo del Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr./Veneno beat Pantera/Scorpio Jr./Tinieblas Jr.
EMLL 4/25 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Eros beat Templario
2. Divino defeated Thunder Boy
3. Leo & Palacio Negro beat Drago & Leon Blanco
4. Dragon Rojo/Los Sicarios del Infierno (Averno y Mephisto) defeated Mascara Dorada/La Sombra/Volador Jr. with Dragon going over Dorada again and they will have a match for the CMLL Super Lightweight Title on 5/2 in Guadalajara.
5. Steel Cage Match where the loser must unmask: Rafaga beat Guerrero Samurai who unmasked as Jose Luis Gutierrez a 27-year pro from Guadalajara. Order of Elimination: Astaroth/Rey Trueno/Hierro/Mr. Trueno/Metal Blanco/Magnum/Rafaga
Independent 4/25 – Plaza de Toros el Centenario de Tlaquepaque
1. Estrella Explosiva & Payasito Luchin beat El Nino & Vaquerita
2. El Barbaro/Demonio Maya/Roberto Paz Jr. defeated Loco Zandokan/Master Terror/Tigre Negro
3. Bizarro & Mercurio beat Kal-El & Tony Rodriguez
4. Extreme Tiger/Makabre/Rocky Romero defeated Joe Lider/Nicho el Millionario/Shiryu Dragon (This was called the best match of the show which was pretty crappy according to reports)
5. Apocalipsis/Gronda II/La Parka Jr. beat Principe Azteca/Kenzo Suzuki/Zorro
Promociones Cantu 4/25 – Arena Coliseo de Monterrey
1. Bad Boy & Rey Imagen beat Darling Boy & Tormenta
2. Hailey Hatred & La Sirenita defeated Hija del Karonte & Poly Star
3. El Brazo/Pedro Navajas/Sky/Street Boy beat Ben Hur/Jesse/Lover Boy/Tito Santana
4. Laredo Kid/Mascara Purpura/Pimpinela Escarlata defeated Black Mamba/Cuervo/Escoria
5. Electroshock/Silver King/Ultimo Gladiador beat Alan Stone/Elegido/Hernandez
Lucha Libre Mexicana 4/25/10 – LOS ANGELES
1. Jalen Wu defeated Honbre Lobo
2. Jose Murietta defeated Sandarin
3. Ponky Boy defeated Wolfman
4. Extreme Loco, Darkside and Cedric The Hitman defeated Vintage Dragon, Sexy Chino and Mercurio Jr.
5. MAIN EVENT: Capitan Calico and Cyanide defeated Ciclon Moreliano and Monje in 2/3 falls
Independent 4/25 – Arena Pavilion del Norte de Saltillo
1. Angel Volador/Halcon Blanco/Mercurio beat Angel del Infierno/Guerrero Latino/Sangre Latina
2. Los Mexican Dragones I y II defeated La Fusion Maldita
3. Marco Corleone/Pierko el Boriqua/Silver Star beat Green Demon/L.A. Par-K/Latino
Independent 4/26 – Auditorio Teopanzolco de Cuernavaca
1. Dama de Hierro/Dr. Bizarro/Mocho Gomez beat Babe Star/Icaro/Rudy Venegas
2. Cometa/Fenix/Juventud Dorada defeated Nahual/Raksas/Voltaje
3. Colapso/Mongol/Gardenia Babe beat Eddy Vega/Rocker Boy/Syka
4. Rafaga Moreno Jr./Stuka Jr./Valiente defeated Canelo Casas/Euforia/Virus
5. Calaquita/Mini Super Astro/Octagoncito beat Bracito de Oro/Bracito de Platino/Espectrito de Ultratumba
EMLL 4/26 – Arena Puebla
1. Tigre Rojo & Tigre Rojo Jr. beat Siki Osama & Toro Bill Jr.
2. Metalico/Tony Rivera/Tigre Blanco defeated Los Hombres del Camoflaje (Artillero y Super Comando)/Mortiz
3. Angel de Oro/Angel de Plata/Guerrero Maya Jr. beat Arkangel de la Muerte/Hooligan/Nitro
4. Blue Panther/”Strongman” Jon Anderson/Toscano defeated Atlantis/Damian el Terrible/Ultimo Guerrero
5. Alebrije/Histeria/Psicosis beat Hijo del Fantasma/La Mascara/La Sombra when Psicosis fouled Sombra as the referee was trying to break up the Que Monito/Cuije battle. Sombra was then beaten some more and unmasked before leaving on a stretcher.
EMLL 4/27 – Arena Mexico
1. Horus & Metatron beat Camorra & Disturbio
2. Diamante/Pegasso/Rey Cometa defeated Arkangel de la Muerte/Escandalo/Loco Max by DQ when Loco ripped off Diamante’s mask.
3. Rush/Stuka Jr./Valiente beat Misterioso II/Sangre Azteca/Virus
4. Los Guerreros del Atlantida (Atlantis/Rey Bucanero/Ultimo Guerrero) defeated Blue Panther/La Sombra/”Strongman” Jon Anderson
5. World Welterweight Title (formerly NWA): Mephisto beat La Mascara to retain his title with both men’s fathers in their corner (Brazo de Oro in Mascara’s and Kahoz in Mephisto’s.)
Independent 4/25 – Campo Nuevo de Ensenada
1. Groon XXX & Mascara Sagrada beat Histeria & Psicosis (These guys went first because they had other commitments)
2. 3 Way Dance: Orquidea defeated Fifth Element & Karma by DQ when he threw his mask at Element who was caught with it.
3. Dr. O’Brien & Zombie III beat Karma & Tormenta Joe
4. Metalica/Zaeta/Rubi Gardenia defeated Animaniac/Arancel/Butterfly
5. Brazo de Plata/Camaleon Dorado/Super Muneco/Super Muneco Jr. beat Espectro Jr./El Galeno/Scream/Super Rino
FULL 4/25 – Arena Solidaridad
1. The All-Americans (Jan Carlo/Solovino/Wolly Wonker) beat Neurosis/Rey Unicornio/Vudu when Solovino fouled Unicornio behind the ref’s back.
2. Azteca Warrior/Crucifijo/Eddy Pitbull/Face Man defeated Angel Espacial/Gemelo Muerte/Principe Azteca/Shakira
3. Chamaco Ortiz/Chucho Mar Jr./Gato Fantasma beat Dranser/Mongol Chino Jr./Scravos when Vaquero Romo interfered. Diluvio Negro II would come out to attack Romo and they agreed to a hair match.
4. Steel Cage Match with the loser getting shaved or unmasked: Humberto Garza Jr. eliminated Difunto II who was shaved. Difunto I & Hijo del Ninja were the other participants.
5. Diluvio Negro I/Marco Corleone/Silver Star defeated L.A. Par-K/Mongol Chino/Pierko el Boriqua
Promociones Cantu 4/26 – Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo
3. El Brazo/Super Fly/Pimpinela Escarlata beat Black Mamba/Pit Bull/Sobredosis with Mamba wanting a hair match this time with Pimpi after losing his mask to him a couple of weeks ago.
4. Cuervo/Escoria/Espiritu defeated Aero Star/Hombre sin Miedo/Laredo Kid by DQ when Escoria faked a foule by Miedo.
5. Electroshock/Silver King/Ultimo Gladiador beat Alan Stone/Elegido/Hernandez
Independent 4/27 – Arena Aficon de Pachuca (60th Anniversary)
1. Aspid & Medics III beat Aguila & Magnum el Caballero
2. Fantasma de la Opera & Maldito Jr. defeated Exotico & La Plaga
3. Diva Salvaje & Mini Mr. Aguila beat Medusa & Leo
4. Super Nova & X-Fly defeated Hijo del L.A. Par-K & Oriental
5. Los Perros del Mal (Perro Aguayo Jr./Damian 666/Halloween) beat Blue Demon Jr./Charly Manson/Groon XXX when X-Fly ran down and fouled Manson.
EMLL 4/27 – Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1. Johnny Dinamo beat Quca
2. Infierno & Malefico defeated Nube Roja & Virgo
3. El Gallo & Neutron beat Asesino Negro & Drago
4. Metal Blanco & Palacio Negro defeated Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
4. Caballera contra Caballera: Exterminador beat Evola
5. Averno/Ephesto/Hijo del Texano defeated Brazo de Plata/Hector Garza/Toscano with Garza not helping his partners at all and nearly getting in a fight with Porky.
Independent 4/28 – Taqueria Chabelo de Mexico City (Tony Salazar Tribute Show)
1. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Quarterfinals: Angel Perverso & Oro Negro beat Arizona & Peluchin
2. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Quarterfinals: Astro Boy & Astro Boy Jr. defeated Las Tormentas I y II
3. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Quarterfinals: Ministro & Ulises Jr. beat Apearon & Saruman
4. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Quarterfinals: Ciber Black & Sakura defeated Mascara Marina & Poderoso
5. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Semifinals: Astro Boy & Astro Boy Jr. beat Angel Perverso & Oro Negro
6. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Semifinals: Ministro & Ulises Jr. defeated Ciber Black & Sakura
7. Torneo de Parejas por la Copa Tony Salazar – Finals: Ministro & Ulises Jr. beat Astro Boy & Astro Boy Jr.
8. Aspid/Cholo/Mensajero/Pequeno Damian 666 defeated Aquarios/M1/Sakura II/Mini Fantasy
9. Cancerbero/Inquisidor/Raziel beat Metro/Rush/Super Camaleon
10. Stuka Jr. & Valiente defeated Euforia & Virus
IWRG 4/29 – Arena Naucalpan
1. Keshin Black beat Dinamic Black
2. Alan Extreme & Eterno defeated Guizmo & Miss Gaviota
3. Black Terry & Cerebro Negro beat Las Traumas I y II with Terry challenging Trauma II to a hair match and Cerebro challenging Trauma I to a shot at the Americas Lt. Heavyweight Title.
4. Super Libre: Los Oficiales (AK-47/Fierro/911) defeated La Ola Maldita (Bombero Infernal/Maldito Jr./Samoth) by DQ when 911 threw his mask at Bombero. Maldita challenged for a shot at the IWRG IC Trios Titles afterwards.
5. Mexico State Trios Titles Tournament – Finals: Los Gringos VIP (Avisman/Gringo Loco/Hijo del Diablo) beat La Familia Dinamita (Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Hijo del Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Mascara Ano Dos Mil Jr.) by referees decision when MA2K Jr. pinned Diablo after MA2K fouled him and Silver King got it overturned. The Silver King angle then went down after the match.
Independent 4/30 – Palacio Municipal de Ciudad Neza (Dia del Nino)
1. Arimar Jr. & Sangre de Toro beat El Esteta & Hellboy
2. Galactico & El Juez defeated Comando & Rey Dragon
3. Rey Neza & Miranda beat Puma & Sobredosis
4. Brazo de Plata/Tinieblas/Tinieblas Jr. defeated Barba Roja/Coco Rojo/Pirata Morgan Jr.
AAA 4/30 – Gimnasio Jose Maria Arteaga de Queretaro (TV taping) (Dia del Nino)
1. Jennifer Blake & Rain beat Fabi y Mari Apache with help from a fast count by Hijo del Tirantes. El Piero was upset at this and told Tirantes Jr. to pick 3 men to face his team of 3 where the losing referee would have to shave his head at Triplemania.
2. Aero Star & El Relampago defeated Billy Boy & Decnis after Hilario botched his interference. Decnis was upset at this and walked out on his friends afterwards.
3. Christopher Daniels/Joe Lider/Alex Koslov beat Jack Evans/Extreme Tiger/Rocky Romero with Daniels going over Tiger with a moonsault. Daniels & Koslov then attacked Lider after the match before the tecnicos would return to make the save.
4. The Psycho Circus (Monster Clown/Murder Clown/Psycho Clown) defeated Chessman/Hernandez/Kenzo Suzuki by DQ due to excessive violence. La Legion had the match won and would’ve ended the streak but their rudoness couldn’t be stopped.
L.A. Par-K would come out after the match and thanked Dorian Roldan for bringing him back home to AAA where he would’ve never left but that his contract with WCW in 1996 forced him to leave. Par-K then declared that he would finish off the fake Parka for good at Triplemania.
5. Electroshock/Silver King/Ultimo Gladiador beat Wagnermania (Dr. Wagner Jr./Octagon/Pimpinela Escarlata) – After the match Electro told Doc that if he wanted the AAA Mega Heavyweight Title shot at Triplemania then he must face him in a non-title match on 5/19 in Actopan to prove himself a worthy challenger. Wagner accepted the challenge then announced that Octagon & Pimpi are his new partners in Wagnermania.
6. Cibernetico/Heavy Metal/La Parka Jr. battled L.A. Par-K/Nicho el Millionario/Zorro to a no contest when after Nicho spat in Konnan’s face, a big brawl ensued with La Legion & La Hermandad 187 as the others were brawling amongest themselves and referee Hijo del Tirantes was assaulted in the process. Vampiro then came out with Dorian Roldan and attacked Ciber & Metal as the Parkas battled with security trying to break them up.
EMLL 4/30 – Arena Mexico (Dia del Nino)
1. Leono & Starman beat El Bronco & Inquisidor
2. Fuego & Metro defeated Euforia & Raziel
3. Dark Angel/Lady Apache/Marcela beat Princesa Blanca/Raven Hiroka/Mima Shimoda
4. Mascara contra Mascara: Pequeno Warrior defeated Bracito de Oro who unmasked as Roberto Rodriguez Aguirre who is 46-years-old with 25 years experience fron Oaxaca.
5. Torneo Gran Alternativa – Finals: Hector Garza & Polvora beat Volador Jr. & Delta
6. Dragon Rojo/Taichi Ishikari/Shigeo Okumura/Ultimo Guerrero defeated Hijo del Fantasma/La Mascara/Mistico/”Strongman” Jon Anderson and the Japanese challenged Fantasma & Mascara to a CMLL Trios Titles match for next week. They were very late on time and this match was very quick.
Thanks to the following:Kris Zellner, Steve “Dr. Lucha/DR LUCH” Sims, thecubsfan, kcidis, Robert Bihari, AAA, CMLL, IWRG, Box y Lucha, Superluchas, DJ Spectro, Alejandra Gonzalez, Cesar, Eduardo Reyes, Gabriela Mendoza, Luchas 2000, RFC, Ana Gutierrez, Black Terry Jr, NJPW, PuroLove, Alfonso Lizarraga, Diego Reyes, hugo999, Agustin Hernandez, Alexis Salazar, Diego Mejia Eguiluz, PdM, SML, FULL, Fuego En El Ring, Scott, Alejandro Velasquez Martinez, Jose dejesus, Saul Duran, Kid Zombie, Mark LaRoue, Kurt “Vandal Drummond” Brown, Dan Farren, David Bixenspan (or Bix or the Bixie Demon!), Ernesto Ocampo, Jonathan Juarez, Oscar Javier Ramirez, Felipe Galvan, FMLL, Roberto Acosta, Juan Antonio Amezcua, Alejandro Amaro Diaz, Arturo Wenceslao Rodriguez, Miguel Garcia, Santodemonio, La Wagnermania, Notimex, Psychosis Boy, Mr. Reyes from Estrellas del Ring, Lucha Libre Style, and Richard Larocca!